Wednesday, July 31, 2013

What are some of the funniest things that have made you laugh?

     Whether it be a statement made by a friend, a joke from your favorite comedian, a movie, playing with a pet, a funny photo or something that your child may have said, because kids absolutely say the darndest things, you still remember those moments and how they made you feel.  Laughter is medicinal.  It fills your heart and lifts your spirits when reminiscing about the instances in our lives in which we have laughed or had "good times."  The "good times" in my life are times that are filled with lots of laughter. 
      I would like to share a joke that one of my elderly patients told me.

     "An elderly husband and wife visit their doctor when they begin forgetting little things. Their doctor tells them that many people find it useful to write themselves little notes.
When they get home, the wife says, "Dear, will you please go to the kitchen and get me a dish of ice cream? And maybe write that down so you won't forget?"
"Nonsense," says the husband, "I can remember a dish of ice cream."
"Well," says the wife, "I'd also like some strawberries and whipped cream on it."
"My memory's not all that bad," says the husband. "No problem -- a dish of ice cream with strawberries and whipped cream. I don't need to write it down."
He goes into the kitchen; his wife hears pots and pans banging around. The husband finally emerges from the kitchen and presents his wife with a plate of bacon and eggs.
She looks at the plate and asks, "Hey, where's the toast I asked for?"

     Now, let's keep it rolling. Share some of your funniest jokes or moments in your life that have made you laugh.  Pass along the laughter. You know the benefits of laughter, therefore you will be helping to lower the blood pressure, boost the immune system, relieve stress or improve many moods of those reading this blog. 

Until next time, take care and have a humorous day!
Ingrid

No comments:

Post a Comment